Posted on February 14, 2014
by Renee Spindle
Happy Valentine’s Day to all of my family and friends. I spent a little time gathering a few quotes on love that appealed to me this week and thought I would share them with you today.
- “A life without love is like a year without summer.” -Swedish Proverb
2. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Hellen Keller
3. “Kisses are a better fate than wisdom.” -e.e. cummings
4. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Schulz
5. “What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.” –Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. “Trip over love, you can get up. Fall in love and you fall forever.” -Author Unknown
8. “Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart.”- Author Unknown
9. “Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence.”-Vincent van Gogh
10. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus a day so I don’t have to live a day without you.” — Winnie the Pooh
As you go through your day today, find a way to tell the people who are most important to you that you love them and care about them. Life is too short to let words of love go unspoken. And in the words of John Lennon, “All You Need is Love.”
Posted on February 18, 2013
by Renee Spindle
Yes it’s a few days after Valentine’s Day, but I wanted to share our sweet dessert with you all. Travel Man was lucky enough to be home for this Valentine’s Day, and cooked me a great dinner that included steak, shrimp, au gratin potatoes, and green beans. A yummy treat. The food was great, and I’m sure tasted so good because I took a back seat in the kitchen. Travel Man made the dinner, and I made the dessert. A great team effort.
Our dessert was some brownies I baked from a box mix. I watched the pan carefully while it was baking because I wanted the brownies to turn out extra ooey and gooey. And they did. I made these in the morning right after breakfast so they had plenty of time to be completely cooled.
For serving, I dug out my little heart-shaped cookie cutter and sculpted the brownies that you see here on the plates. Then we added some creamy, delicious, french vanilla ice cream, and enjoyed a sweet dessert feast. Just a simple little dessert made with love, and lots of chocolatey goodness.
Did you bake any special treats for your Valentine?
Posted on February 14, 2012
by Renee Spindle
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone. Wishing all of you a day surrounded with love, caring, and chocolate of course!
My valentine and I had our Valentine’s Day dinner last Friday night after a day of touring The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley. It was great to take a little mini-vacation, and get away for a day.
My wonderful husband (aka “Travel Man”, “Papa”, “Tom Dad”) had to leave on a business trip this morning. He’s on the road frequently trudging through airports, driving in unfamiliar cities, sleeping in hotels night after night, eating dinner out every night, and getting his work assignments completed so he can get back home. He works very hard and puts in long hours that give me the freedom to do what I want to be doing at home (aka “Domestic Goddess status”).
Travel Man and I will be celebrating our tenth anniversary this year in August. (Already! I can’t believe it!) He proposed to me in Las Vegas, and we also got married in Las Vegas at the Circus Circus chapel. A fun wedding and great memories.
I look forward to celebrating tons and tons of Valentine’s Days’ together with my hubby. He is my favorite comedian (he always makes me laugh), my Rock of Gibraltar, and the keeper of our castle. I hope each and every one of you has a valentine this special in your life.