A week or so ago Travel man and I had the opportunity to visit my sister and her husband near Missoula, Montana. The countryside there was breathtaking. Mountain ranges all around us, and a beautiful valley of rolling hills and farmlands. It has been way too long since I have been at my sister’s house, and Travel man’s never been there. We encountered some rain, some snow, and a few rays of sunshine too. The property where my sister lives is very wooded, and right at the base of the Bitterroot Mountain range. Gorgeous, gorgeous views. Unfortunately it was too cloudy for pictures while we were there.
So, in honor of our visit I have put together my top ten list from our Montana travels.
- Sleeping for 8-9 hours at a stretch this is unheard of for me!! I normally sleep may 6 hours a night? I was told that this could have been due to the altitude change. I think it’s because The air was so crisp and cool, and I was so relaxed.
- Leaferville – we got to see the changing of the leaves the moment we landed in Spokane.
- Crisp, crisp cool weather. Highs in the 40’s, lows in the 20’s. It was glorious.
- Snow?? Who knew! We drove through a snow storm on our drive from Spokane to Missoula. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen snowflakes so big.
- My sister’s cooking – Wow!! Laura is a gourmet cook. We had a Lentil, Beef Stew, homemade coq au vin, and a delicious Butternut Squash Soup. Wonderful, warm delicious meals. Absolutely yummy!
- Celebrating the “baby steps” of a major home improvement project. Laura and her husband are having their roof worked on. It’s been very stressful for them, and we helped them to celebrate the small victories of the project moving forward.
- Wearing blue jeans, and socks and shoes. Changing up the wardrobe. Instead of the usual crop pants and tank top wardrobe! Oh and I did get to wear the scarf my mom made me too!
- Sipping hot coffee and lattes on a chilly Montana morning next to the wood stove. Can you say mega comfort zone?
- A couple of gaggles of wild turkeys roaming in the front yard.
- Some cute little dear nibbling on some brush, also in the front yard.
These are just a few of my favorite moments from our trip. Of course I delighted in the non-top chatting with my sister. She is definitely a mountain girl, and loves living the country lifestyle. Maybe I’m just a smidge jealous on that front. We did have a wonderful time together, and lucky me my sister’s coming to my house for a visit this week. Just makes me want to jump for joy. Wishing everyone a great week.
What’s your recent, favorite family moment?