This year has been a busy and amazing year
for myself and my family. Since it’s
Thanksgiving, and since my family will be
together celebrating, I wanted to take the
time to share my thankful thoughts for this year.
1) My Dad’s continued improvement with his cancer treatments. He never, never, never gives up. The word perseverance has a whole new meaning for me.
2) Our family tree has expanded. We welcomed our granddaughter into the family almost two weeks ago. She is a beautiful, bouncing baby girl with a proud big brother.
3) The family members that are cancer survivors, and continue to remain in good health. My Grandpa, my Mom, and my baby boy.
4) So glad I got to escape to New York City with Travel Man for our vacation this year. We had a great time. I got to see the Statue of Liberty!! Crossed that one-off of my bucket list.
5) Getting to spend quality time with Evan this past summer. We had a great times at Camp Grandma. Lots of fun times, and good memories.
6) Seeing my sister three times this year. That’s really a great treat as she’s a mountain girl from Montana. Love spending time with her and chatting for hours on end.
7) Ever so thankful that my grandparents are on Skype. I love getting to see them and chat with them. My brother has graciously arranged a few group family calls. These are the treasured family times.
8) So glad that my Travel Man survived his boogie boarding accident with no serious injuries. Seeing him hurt made my stomach churn, and I don’t want to have any repeats. No more boogie boarding for that guy!
9) Watching all of my kids become responsible, hard-working, compassionate, and caring adults. This makes you feel so great as a parent.
10) There is a great amount of thankfulness that we are “The Party House” for our family. We love hosting the birthdays, summer cookouts, holiday dinners. It is such a treat to have everyone gathered for fun times, and good memories. No better place to be.
Wishing you and yours an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving together. If you are cooking and bustling about the kitchen tomorrow be sure and stop, and listen and take in the sights and sounds of your family and friends all around you. It’s a wonderful thing.
This is a wonderful list – Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks so much Meg. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and are in the midst of a great Thanksgiving weekend!
We did have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Great fun and family times. I hope yours’ was great as well. Thanks for stopping by.