Last week I made a trip to the Denver area with my favorite Travel Man. It was a quick work trip, but we got to spend some much-needed time together. His work schedule has been a little crazy recently. We were celebrating our anniversary and a certain Travel Man’s birthday during this week. It was a lot of fun to be together to celebrate, and do some travelling together. This trip I dropped Travel Man off at work and took the rental car to do a little exploring. While I was cruising around by myself for a few hours I noticed that a few things were a little different in Colorado.
1) The grass here is so green. I’m very jealous. At home in Southern California we are in a Stage 3 drought alert. In our neighborhood we are restricted to watering our lawns just three times per week. Our front yard is surviving ok, the backyard not so much.
2) I drove around by myself with the rental car while Travel Man was at work. This is the first trip that I have done this. I realized I should have been doing this much more often over the past couple of years. I have a fairly good sense of direction and got around town just fine. And of course there was shopping involved.
4) I’m reminded that my Travel Man’s work life is constantly in a state of flux. The customer he was taking care of here needs parts to repair their machine. Receipt of those parts will delay finishing the job. Travel Man’s schedule does not allow him to stay here and finish this one! He’s back on a plane in two days heading overseas. This means we’re going home a day early and he’ll have an extra day to relax and pack his suitcase.
5) There are “Help Wanted” signs everywhere! The hiring signs were definitely in abundance. Every store I went into had a hiring sign posted! It was nice to see that for a change. We haven’t seen that as often in Southern California.
6) I am blessed to be in this place right at this moment. I can pack my bags at a moments notice and head off with my hubby to his next work destination. How many people get to do that every week? I’m a lucky gal.
Have you had a Road Warrior in your life? Did you get to travel together much? Or maybe you were a Road Warrior yourself. I’d love to hear some of your best travel stories.
This post shared at the MidLifeLuv Linky party.