This is going to be a great week. This girl is starting the week with a blog award nomination. I have been nominated for the Illuminating Blogger Award by C.J at FoodStories. Thanks so much for recognizing my blog. It’s fun to share recipes and get food ideas from so many sources on the internet. It’s seems like your weekly menu planning can never get dull and boring with so many resources available.
It has been so much fun writing and sharing my stories of life, food, motherhood and grandmahood. There are so many things to learn about blogging and writing. Sometimes I feel like a big sponge soaking up all of the information available at my fingertips. Finding out that people like to read what you are writing about is just the icing on the cake.
In the spirit of the award here is some randomness about me. My adult life until last August was all about work and family. Sometimes I would get the priority of those two things mixed up, have to stop, breathe and re-focus myself. This can happen to you when all of your kids are in their twenties, like mine are. Now I am love, love, loving my new-found title of “domestic goddess”, coined by my husband, Travel Man. There’s not a whole lot that can compare to setting your own schedule, and doing what you want, when you want.
To my fellow bloggers – there are so many blogs I enjoy reading. If I list my top five they would be (in no particular order):
1) the thing about joan – Wonderful Mom stories. Reminds me of my days with 4 kids in tow, going everywhere.
2) Rantings of an Amateur Chef – Love the presentation of recipes here, and the stories that go along with them.
3) Shutterbug Sage– Such a great collection of pictures. I love photography, and love looking at the world through another photographer’s eye.
4) Maggiesonebuttkitchen – What a plethora of recipes to choose from. I am looking forward to making some of Maggie’s recipes over the summer. Yum, yum.
5) Meg Travels– Meg has great pictures of her travel adventures, and I love reading her tips and tricks for great travel experiences.
To accept your nomination please go this link at Food Stories.
Thanks again CJ for this nomination. It’s really fun writing and exploring other bloggers sites, and learning about what’s interests people. Happy writing and exploring to all.