If you are a follower of my stories you know that Travel Man and are near the end of a project remodeling the entryway of our home. After a few marathon work sessions last week it reminded me that we almost always have a great time together with our projects, and here’s a few reasons why we do:
1. Projects with my Travel Man are fun.
2. We work well together.
3. It is important that I pay attention and know when to leave Travel Man alone to let him think and work. It can be all fun and laughter.
4. Working a project and meeting our deadline is like a well orchestrated dance.
5. I’m a great “sous” carpenter- clean up is my specialty.
6. Planning is everything.
7. Changing the plan when you are actually in the middle of the project can be important. Be flexible.
8. It’s ok with me if Travel Man doesn’t like to paint, because I love to paint!
9. Finishing all of the detail work gives you the greatest sense of accomplishment.
10. The detail work is what makes your project spectacular. This one is still in the works as I am typing this post.
11. I need more exercise, I am seriously out of shape.
As our entryway project comes to a successful close I have to give a big shout out to my wonderful husband. He worked by hard to get a lot of work done in a short period of time. And of course, this week he is back on the road. That’s our life, planning and executing, and trying to get things done on short notice. I will have pictures a little later this week, remember patience is a virtue my friends.
Leave a Reply